Do you have a passion for mission or like to knit?
Would like to learn more about the Bible and how it applies to life?
Do you like Slo-Pitch and to be a example to others in life?
Would like to use your talents and gifts to the glory of God?
There are many different ways to get involved in the life of St. Giles.
St. Giles offers various ministry opportunities such as:
(to read more about any of these groups and committees just click on the name)
• Session – This group of faithful leaders, called ‘Elders’, is responsible for the Spiritual life of the congregation.
• Pastoral Care – The Pastoral Care committee consists of Elders and other members of the congregation who maintain contact with homebound members.
• GIFT – or Growing In Faith Together seek with fresh new eyes, ears, and heart the team enthusiastically embraces the call to pass on the faith of the church to children, youth and adults.
• Mission in Action – This committee is responsible for keeping the congregation informed about Mission work locally and around the world.
• What’s Up! – An energetic editorial team produces the church newsletter four times a year.
• Policy and Planning – This committee ensures the activities of the various congregational groups are organized in such a way as to provide effective leadership within the congregation.
• Facilities and Maintenance – This committee ensures that the buildings, surrounding gardens and parking lot are well maintained.
• Finance and Budget – This committee is responsible for the financial affairs of the congregation.
• Midweek Mix – A time of exercise and fellowship.
• Prayer and Share – Share concerns and joys and thanksgivings; then offer them to the Lord.
- Moms and Tots – This group meets once a month. Moms and Tots provide a space for young / new moms to ask questions, socialize, and learn from professionals.
• Second Sunday Singers – A group of dedicated individuals who go to Hillcrest Extendicare to lead worship.
• Fanning Service – A group of dedicated individuals who go to the Fanning Center to lead worship.